Guernica: Some Other I Before Me
*On Alexander Chee's How To Write an Autobiographical Novel and growing up in the shadow of AIDS
Medium: Learning to be Looked At
*On sitting for naked photographs as a way to imagine being desired
The Village Voice: AIDS Taught Me Sex Was Deadly. A Pill Changed That
* On HIV, medication, and fear.
Gawker - This Is Not My Story to Tell
* On geography, physical and personal.
Gawker - There’s a Nerd in the Locker Room: Sex, Beauty and Self-Love
* On the body, self-worth, the gym.
The Los Angeles Review - Losing My Religion
* On home, pop art, queerness, youth.
Lambda Literary Review - Reflections on D. Gilson
* In conversation with D. Gilson's I Will Say This Exactly One Time.
The Rumpus - Notes From Freedom County
* On my hometown: Freedom County, USA.
The Rumpus - A Book About The Internet
* On Americanah and how the internet both fosters dialog and can become all-encompassing, an addiction.
Salon - It Could Have Been My Family In Mudslide Country
* On tragedy at home.
The Huffington Post - 12 Things White People Can Actually Do After the Ferguson Decision
* Practical steps for white allies in the wake of police violence and non-indictments.
The Feminist Wire - How Many Black Histories We Still Don’t Know: An Interview With Simone Leigh
* An Interview with artist Simone Leigh.
The Feminist Wire - Love Letter To White People
* A love letter to white people. I mean every word.
The Feminist Wire - White Men Rule The World*
* On growing up weird and a little fem in a small logging town.
The Feminist Wire - Kara Walker and the Sweet Taste of Gentrification
* On Kara Walker in Williamsburg and how art is used to gentrify neighborhoods.
The Feminist Wire - Blood (Orange) On the Tracks
* On Blood Orange and police brutality.
Arcade44 - That Kind Of Blue: Chris Ofili At The New Museum
* Chris Ofili at The New Museum in conversation with Claudia Rankine.
Arcade44 - Contemporary Art For Better And For Worse // Cutlog NYC
* A review of Cutlog, a megagallery installation in New York's Lower East Side.
Arcade44 - The Love Junkie & Me // Bridget Barkan
* A review of Bridget Barkan's one woman show about addiction and love.
Arcade44 - Vanitas // The Bass Museum // Silvia Cubina
* An interview with Silvia Cubin, Chief Curator at the Bass Museum of Art.
Sibling Rivalry Press - The Queer South: LGBTQ Writers on the American South (Douglas Ray, Editor)
* The full version of "This is Not My Story to Tell" is included in this anthology, edited by Douglas Ray.
LGBTQ Policy Journal at the Harvard Kennedy School - “i Was Born this Way”: is Sexuality innate, and Should it matter?
* Academic article wherein I argue that the science of sexuality should not impact public policy.